I bet you are wondering what that title is all about, aren't you?!? Well, it has been so grey and grim and just...depressing here in the G of A for over a week. The sun finally came out today. I, mean, I know we need the rain, but jeez, my seasonal affective disorder is kicking. me. in. the. ass. Actually, I don't know that I have S.A.D. but I don't know how you could NOT have it after the past week. Seriously.
Anyhoodle, I cannot believe it has been well over a week since I last blogged. I obviously have not been up to much interesting. Well, maybe I have. Let me recap the top 10 events of the past ten days:
1) I made a new mushroom soup and it was a FAIL. I didn't even bother to photograph. But I used my new panini maker and it was super.
2) I lost 7 pounds with barely trying. But I think I put it back on tonight when I gulped down two Cake vodka tonics and noshed on about a half-dozen of these.....
3) Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, a Pinterest recipe that I found a while back and was reminded about by my virtual foodie buddy, Bo. They are very tasty and great for a light supper. Or a pig-out at 9 p.m. when you have spent the whole day cleaning house and running errands. Not that I would know about that or anything.
4) I was actually going to post last weekend, then my 'puter got a virus. Luckily, I have an AWESOME techie guy that lives about 5 minutes away from me who came and fixed it within 24 hours. No more surfing clown porn. Joking.
5) In between cussing about my computer, we spent last weekend taking down the Christmas decor. Finally. Glitter still lingers in many crevices. As I discovered today when deep cleaning in preparation to host the fams' birthday celebration tomorrow.
6) Wednesday, I went to a 7 p.m. movie. On a school night. I felt so reckless. It was Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. And it was FAB.U.LOUS. Tom C. may be a crazy-ass motherfucker but, by God, he still is the shit. At 50, he could bounce quarters off his ass. I won't even talk about the guns. I will just show you:
7) Wednesday was also the birthday of Charlie and Roxie, The terrible two were two-years-old this year. I cannot believe it. They both have brought so much joy to our lives. Charlie esp. since we have had him since a baby. I remember when we we wrestling with whether or not to adopt this puppy:
9) I have been captivated the past week by Toddlers and Tiaras, that horribly fascinating show about child beauty pageants. Esp. about this little girl from Georgia called Alana. She is like watching a terribly entertaining train wreck. I won't post the video, but if you are interested, go here to see more.
10) I went to visit my incredibly talented and super special friend Suzy Sue Smith today. She is having a tough time so it was good timing because she talked to me and I lent my ear. I also walked out of her store with this wonderful piece of her art:
Well, folks, it's off to bed for me. Early to rise tomorrow so I can cook for the birthday celebration. Hope you are doing well. Love and kisses, B.